WIEN2k-FAQ: Compilation on SUN systems
©2001 by P. Blaha, K. Schwarz and J. Luitz
Problem: Compilation of Fortran90 on SUNs fails.
Fix: SUN compilation seems to depend a lot on the Compiler version.
As far as I heared there are no problems on a Version dated:
Last change: 00/04/03 Sun WorkShop 6
However, I know from some other SUNs that there compiler has several
- it does not accept the "-free" compiler option
- to overcome this, siteconfig allows you to rename all xx.f files to xx.f90
- On some SUNs you may have to add ".SUFFIXES: .f90"
- On some SUNs severe runtime problems occur. In particular IO-problems
(F10.7 does not print 10 places but only nine,....) and a problem with TETRA in
- I found that the option -dalign conflicts with any
optimization level higher than -O.
But note, that the option -dalign is automatically added if
you use the -fast option.
So, what you need to do is to eliminate -fast option, and to
include by hand all options that -fast adds, but without
-dalign. Than you can use any optimization level.
So, my compiling options now look like:
FOPT = -Bstatic -native -O3 -libmil -fsimple=1 -xlibmopt
-depend -fns -ftrap=%none -free
So in essence: It seems to be important to have a new Fortran compiler.
But even so, runtime problems may/may not occur at specific optimization levels.